Western Academy Ranked #1 Charter in Palm Beach County!
We couldn’t be happier for Principal Linda Terranova and the entire Western Academy community!Western Academy Charter School was named the #1 charter school in Palm Beach County (FL) and is one of the top 10 schools in the county! Of 207 public schools in Florida’s 11th largest district, Western Academy ranks in a statistical tie for 5th overall and is the top-ranked charter school. The schools are ranked based on their 2016-2017 Grades Overview as determined by the Florida Department of Education. (For the full article, click here: Palm Beach Post)
Principal Terranova is very pleased the school was formally recognized for the hard work and dedication of the faculty, administration, and students at Western Academy.
“We are absolutely thrilled with the school ranking.” I have always said we are one of the best schools in Palm Beach County, so it is nice to finally see that acknowledged and in print in our local paper.” “We look forward to another productive and successful school year with even higher scores for our students as our target.”
Western Academy is a Project CHILD National Demonstration site and has been partners with IEP since 2003.
- “A” Rated School since 2006
- FDOE High Performing Charter School since 2011
- 5-Star School since 2010
- A Not-for-Profit charter school
- A Middle School STEAM Academy
- Project CHILD (K-5) National Demonstration Site since 2011
- Member of Prime Time Quality Improvement System (Aftercare Program)
- Palm Beach County Green School of Excellence
- 21st century learning program
- Personalized attention
- Safe, secure learning environment
- Florida Standards and Next Generation Sunshine State Standards curriculum
- Dedicated Certified Teachers
- Fine Arts Programs including Art, Music, PE and Computer Science
- Cutting-Edge Technology Classes
- Before and After School Care
- Extracurricular Sports and Clubs
- Hands-on multi-sensory approach to learning
- Small Campus with a Hometown Feel
- Received at least two school grades of “A” and no school grade below “B” for the last three years (WACS has been an “A” school since 2006).
- Received an unqualified opinion on each annual audit in the most recent three years for which such audits are available (WACS financial records are 100% in compliance).
- Did not receive a financial audit that revealed one or more of the financial emergency conditions set forth in s.218.503, F.S. in the most three recent fiscal years for which audits are available. (WACS has no auditor comments or corrections)
(*Information taken from Western Academy website.)
For more information on Western Academy, click here.